About Katie Weatherup
As a former engineer with 20 years of experience working as a shamanic practitioner, my work draws on both the practical and the mystical, allowing me to help people find their way back to themselves while improving their real-world results in terms of health, money, and relationships.
At 24, I found myself stepping into my adult life with an engineering degree, unmanaged psychic gifts, and a painful lack of interpersonal skills. I was overwhelmed, overstimulated, and exhausted a good deal of the time. Yet, this led me to an amazing journey of self-discovery that continues to unfold to this day. I now have three published books (including Practical Shamanism, A Guide for Walking in Both Worlds) and am thrilled that my full-time shamanic practice has allowed me to work with thousands of clients all over the world. My social circle is rich and extensive to a degree I could never have imagined as a lonely teenager who got along better with her goats than with her fellow human beings.
My mechanical engineering background has helped me focus my healing work on the necessity of system integrity. The human spirit is a highly complex system, that can break down in complicated and subtle ways. Much of my shamanic work is oriented toward wholeness. I help people recover their power and magic as well as all the parts they’ve lost, forgotten, denied, and disowned. I’ve done more than ten thousand shamanic journeys and am very comfortable working with the hard, scary stuff.
I would be honored to support you in coming home to yourself and in living a really good life that just keeps getting better!
Background and Credentials
- BS. in Mechanical Engineering from UC San Diego.
- Shamanic Practitioner since 2000.
- Training with the Foundation for Shamanic Studies: Core Shamanism, Death Dying and Beyond, Extraction training, Shamanism and Spirits of Nature.
- Soul Retrieval training with Dr. Villoldo (although I use a method more similar to the Sandra Ingerman approach).
- Additional shamanic training with Hank Wessleman and the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy.
- Trained to install and teach the Munay-Ki Rites as taught by Dr. Villoldo and the Four Winds Society.
- Reiki Master Teacher Certification as well as Certification in Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki with Diane Ruth Shewmaker.
- Initiated Temple Priestess, a women’s shamanic training program founded by Mellissa Seaman.
- Studied indigenous traditions with Maria Yraceburu, founder of EarthWisdom.
- Training and experience with numerous other modalities including Byron Katie work, Tonglen, Qi Gong, Energy Healing, Breathwork, Feng Shui, Shadow Work, Past Life Healing, Ancestral Healing, and more.